Your grace still amazes me. Your love is still a mystery. Each day I fall on my knees. Your grace still amazes me.
What is your country of origin?When did the flood waters recede?
Atlantis: The Lost Empire + scenery
Favorite Disney Movies » Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
↳ '… in a single day and night of misfortune, the island of Atlantis disappeared into the depths of the sea.' - Plato 360 B.C.
She has been chosen. Like her mother before her.
20 Disney’s Atlantis Facts (You may or may not know)
- After Hunchback of Notre Dame was released, Disney decided they didn’t want to do another musical. Instead, they chose to do an Action-Adventure film inspired by the works of Jules Verne.
- The weaponry used is correct to the time period of early 20th century. The film features the Lee Enflied, the Lewis Gun, the Broomhandle Mauser and a variant of the Luger.
- The creation of the Atlantean language was done by the same man who developed the Klingon language for the Star Trek films.
- The filmmakers became interested in the readings of Edgar Cayce and decided to incorporate some of his ideas. (Edgar Cayce is an American psychic who allegedly possessed the ability to answer questions on subjects as varied as healing, reincarnation, wars, Atlantis and future events while in a trance.)
- Vinnie’s last name “Santorini” is actually the name of an ancient chain of volcanic islands in the Mediterranean (probably explains his obsession with explosives).
- They utilized all three Disney Animation studies, employing 250 animators, artist and technicians.
- The Crew actually traveled 800 feet underground in New Mexico’s Carlsbad Cavern to view subterranean trails, which they used as the base model for the movie.
- A Japanese anime film “Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water” and “Atlantis: The Lost Empire” were both inspired by the novel “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea”.
- American comic book artist Mike Mignola creator of the series Hellboy worked on the film.
- Joss Whedon was the first writer involved with the film. Whedon is bet known as the creator of the television series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and also directed Marvel’s The Avengers.
- Because the movie was planned as an Action-Adventure, the production crew made up t-shirts that read, “ATLANTIS” - fewer songs, more explosions.
- The final scene was created by combining many 24 inch (61cm) pieces of paper. Each piece was carefully drawn and combined with animated vehicles flying across the scene. The entire piece reaches an equivalent of an 18,000 inch (457.2 m) piece of paper that the camera slowly pulled away from.
Read the full article via pbpills
'Atlantis: The Lost Empire' & 'Atlantis: Milo's Return are currently streaming on Netflix / pictures©Disney
10 Favorite Disney Villains:
↪(#9) Helga Sinclair
"And relax, he doesn’t bite… often”